I don’t quite know where to begin…Two months in lockdown, a most surreal month of Ramadan completed, and the prospect of spending Eid mostly at home is looming.
I thought I’d share this quick recipe, in case like me, you have run out of steam having exhausted your creativity in the kitchen over this last month. This simple recipe, with a little forward planning, never fails to impress at the dinner table. Serve it hot and sizzling, just out of the grill with home made raita or green chutney and naan naan to accompany your other Eid favourites.
Stay safe everyone x
Prep Time: 10 mins + 12 hrs marinade time
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 500 g chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- Najma’s Tikka Spices
- 4 tbsp yoghurt
- 1/2 red or pepper
- In a large bowl mix together the yogurts, garlic, ginger and tikka spices.9
- Add the chicken pieces, ensuring every piece is well coated with the mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Bring the chicken to room temp, then arrange onto skewers, alternating pieces with the peppers.
- Heat up the grill. Brush the skewers of chicken with oil on one side, then grill under a medium heat for about 10 mins. Turn over and brush over with more oil and cook for another 8-10 mins, rotating the skewers to cook the sides. The pieces should be should be golden all over.
- Serve as a starter or part of your main meal.