Once you have prepared your curry sauce, shop bought or homemade, making this dish is so very quick and simple; deliciously satisfying too. I of for one knocked this up in less than 30 minutes on a Sunday morning to take over to my in-laws for lunch where my father-in-law had prepared his awesome egg fried rice special 🙂
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12-15 fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 read pepper, chopped into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks)
- 1 tsp mild Madras curry powder
- 1 batch homemade curry sauce or shop bought curry paste (made up to 1 pint sauce)
- cup water or as needed
- salt to taste
How to cook
- Heat the oil over a medium flame the cook the onions until softened.
- Meanwhile wash the broccoli florets and drain. Place in a microwaveable bowl with one tablespoon water. Cover with cling film and pierce twice. Cook on high power for three minutes.
- When the onions have softened, add the brocolli and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, peas and peppers. Continue to stir fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook for another minute.
- Slowly add the pre-prepared curry sauce and stir well.
- Cover and cook until the vegetable are cooked through with the sauce but not mushy.
- Add a little water if the sauce appears to be too thick and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning as needed.
Serve with simple Jasmine Rice or Egg Fried Rice.