Last night I was ‘Desperately Seeking Spice’ and discovered a plump aubergine hiding out in my refrigerator 😊 I had 45 minutes to present something palatable and suitably spicy before it was time to break my fast. So I decided to cut out the elaborate prep and just throw it all into one of my dinky little woks and hey presto!
Prep time: 3 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 1/2 large aubergine, cubed
- 1/2 bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/3 tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp roasted ground cumin
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
How to prepare
- Place all the ingredients, except the oil, into the wok and mix well.
- Drizzle the oil and stir in.
- Cover and allow to cook until the aubergine is tender.
Word of caution: Those normally adverse to aubergine may just be tempted to delve in so keep the dish by your side and only offer to share at the risk of missing out 😜